The Krowe's Nest School of Woodworking
Learn how to make a project of your choice
The Krowe's Nest Woodworking School was established in 2001.
It is located in the Historic District of Durham, Connecticut.
- Students of all levels attend.
- Classes are usually one on one. No waiting for individual instruction.
- Shop safety in paramount.
- Ages 10-99 are acepted. Students under 18 must have a legal guardian present.
- Class times are based on openings on the shop calendar.
- Learning is project based. Students choose their own project. Projects can be designed as part of the class. Projects can include repair instructions.
- Tuition is $20-35 dependent on age of student and complexity of project.
- Scrap wood may be available at no or minimum cost.
- Free shop visits are welcome to view the shop and to discuss a potential project.
Projects Have Included the following:
- Tables, Chairs, Desks, Benches
- Book Cases, Cabinets, Display Cases
- Bowles, Vases, Baseball Bats
- Toys, Bird Houses
- Jewelry Boxes, Trinket Boxes, Tool Boxes
- Cutting Boards
- Banjos, Music Stands
The shop power tools:
- Delta 3hp Table Saw
- Delta Drum Sander
- Delta Scroll Saw
- Dewalt 2hp Router
- Dewalt 12" Planer
- Milwaukee 3 1/4 hp Talble Router
- Bosch Palm Router
- Powermatic Floor Drill Press
- Rikon 18" Band Saw
- Nova 16" DVR Lathe
Hand powered tools include:
- Dewalt biscuit joiner
- Porter Cable brad nailer
- Milwaukee battery powered drill
- Rockwell corded drill
- Klingspor palm 1/4 sheet sander
- Porter Cable orbital sander
- Festool Sanders with Dust Collector
- Festool Domino Joiner
Special Jigs and Fixtures:
- Incra Twin Linear fence system for the router table. Allows precision cuts for exotic joints for boxes.
- Incra 5000 cross cut sled for the table saw. Allows precision repeatable miters.
- Many special purpose jigs
A plethora of hand tools are available, some dating to grandfathers’ day.